69b9020515a885ffd7859c571ecd7fa3

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Simple and Compound Sentences Sort - Freebie!

We begin writing compound sentences this week.
My kiddos have done a pretty good job expanding simple sentences, so I'm hoping that will carry over to writing compound sentences. Once I think they know the difference between a simple and compound sentence, I'll use this activity as a quick formative assessment in small groups.
Click on the pic above to get your copy. If you like this activity, go {HERE} for more compound sentence activities at my Teachers Notebook Shop.
Can you leave a compound sentence as a comment? :)

If you haven't entered the Tablet for the Teacher Sweepstakes over at Teachers Notebook, go now! Who wouldn't want a new tablet? Click below to enter.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for another great freebie!

    debinderry@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through Fourth Grade Flipper, and I'm sure glad I did! I am your newest follower :)

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the freebie!

    Also, thanks for sharing a great insight on their culture Ms. Collier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the post very much, it is very subjective and interesting. It is raving in terms of learning English. You have explained your views on compound sentence very well. Keep blogging and continue updating us with you knowledge.

    ReplyDelete