69b9020515a885ffd7859c571ecd7fa3

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Rounding Up Arrays - Freebie

We are ready to start building a foundation for multiplication, so I made this activity for my math stations.

Students will use either markers or the small images included in the packet to build arrays of numbers. They must also determine if the number is odd or even and write an addition sentence that represents the array. If the number is even, the addends will both be even. I am going to encourage them to also use repeated addition to represent the numbers.


Just click on the pic above to get the activity.

I'd love a round-up of comments, too, so please leave one if you download!

Don't forget to join my Reading Roundup Linky Party and share one professional book you want to read, one book you want to read strictly for pleasure, and one you want to use to teach a skill in your classroom. Remember, these are books you have not read yet, but are next on your To Read List. Go {HEREto join in the fun!


4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your freebies! I feel like you are so far ahead of where my class is in math! We are still working on fact fluency to 20, along with double-digit + and -. We are in need of a new math program! Which one do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our district adopted Singapore Math, but we have curriculum maps we follow for Math and ELA, so we don't necessarily follow every lesson from the book in order. We focus on the Common Core skills in Second Grade.
      Mary Pitner's Potpourri

      Delete
  2. This is great for my students who lack the number sense needed to multiply.Thank you Mary! I really appreciate the freebie :)

    --jen
    teaching,life,and everything in between

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I will loop to Third Grade with this group of kids next year, I want to give them a strong foundation for multiplication. I'll be posting more array activities.
      Mary Pitner's Potpourri

      Delete