69b9020515a885ffd7859c571ecd7fa3

Thursday, August 2, 2012

I'm a Writing Super Hero Writing Notebook - Freebie

My last batch of kids L. O. V. E. D. to write! Loved it! I hope this next bunch is as motivated as they were! To encourage them a little, I made a cover and pages for a writing notebook with a super hero theme. Our entire school uses an "office in a folder" type resource that I'll fit into the inside pocket of the binders. I'll use page protectors to hold drafts, copies of rubrics, and other materials the kids need to keep track of.


To get your copy of the notebook materials, just click on the pic above.

If you use Writing notebooks for students to help them organize their work or are going to this year, please leave me a comment with suggestions of what to include. I can always go back and update the document if enough people want the same thing! I'm already thinking I might add a copy of the Common Core standards that apply.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks so much!! These are awesome.
    Beth
    Thinking of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary! I'm getting my new ELA curriculum today and I'm excited to see how this writing folder might fit into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing! These look great, and I know the students will love them! =)
    http://cantmakethisstuffup-hmichaud.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking these would be great to cut and put into my kids composition notebooks, but I wondered if the size would be too big. Will they be better for 3 ring binder?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing! I have to say that when you've noted the Common Core standards that apply it's been so helpful. I'm sure others will concur. Again thank you for sharing your wonderful materials.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that you included the time order words. This will be great a great writing tool. Thanks.
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! I have been looking for super hero stuff to go with my class theme this year and this is perfect. Thanks for including the writing process steps as well as the words I want to remember. I will also put in their binders a copy of words that they should know how to spell that is in alphabetical order to help their writing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I clicked on it, Google Doc said there was an error.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do not know whether it's just me or if everyone else encountering problems with your website. It seems like some of the written text in your content are running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them too? This could be a problem with my browser because I've had this happen before.
    Appreciate it
    my page - my blog

    ReplyDelete